Hummerdinger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've enhanced the original Hummer EV image to reveal more details. More visible now are the front tow hooks, front lower "grill", bumper design which angles up at the sides reminiscent of the H2 Hummer, and side mirrors.

Enhanced-GMC-HUMMER-EV-Quiet-Revolution-Grille.jpg

Last edited:

Xfitrainer

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado ZR2
Occupation
Trainer
Thanks for sharing. Looks like there may be a factory lightbar? Or some kind of lighting along the front edge of the cab roof.

BahamaTodd

Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Canyon Z71
Thanks for sharing. Looks like there may be a factory lightbar? Or some kind of lighting along the front edge of the cab roof.
Just amber marker lights which they also had on the H2 and H3. There should also be one at each top corner of the windshield.

Grexter

First Name
Gregory
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 nissan xterra off-road
Occupation
Quality Assurance
Pictures Found

2022-gmc-hummer-ev-render-watermark.jpg

Yakult

First Name
Wes
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Corvette Grand Sport, 2018 Bolt
Occupation
Daytrader
Thanks for sharing. That looks off though... the front lower bumper and skidplate hang way too low and too big proportionally to the grille and rest of the truck. Anyways this is just a rendering by a blog. The real thing should look better. (y)

StillHummer

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Cadillac Deville DTS
Occupation
Student of the Law, currently
There are a few further details that we can couple in here about the looks of the new Hummer EV.

First off...she's gonna be a big girl. If anyone watched the behind the scenes GMC video with LeBron James, he talks about it very briefly. LeBron, who's undoubtedly seen the real deal prior to his big promotion of the thing (that's always been how he operates, I'm from Cleveland and know the man well by now), whether in the flesh or spec'd out on a graphic, said that he was amazed that something "so big" could hit 0-60 in 3 seconds. I'd imagine we're looking at something similar in size to a 1500 Silverado, but a little taller and not as long. Riding on a modified T1 truck platform, this seems to be pretty likely.

Second, the past Hummer design cues will be very strong. Unfortunately, I can't source this one, but I read in some publication where they had 2 GM sources saying this. There was a major effort made to capitalize on the heritage. I'm talking large fender flares and big-boy tires. The amber lights up top show a hint of the effort made to make this thing a Hummer.

Until May, maybe if we're lucky, we'll get one more teaser shot. GM will likely try to capitalize and further the hype by doing so. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.